Embedded Single Board Computers (SBCs) are available in a range of form factors, CPU and IO options to suits a wide variety of applications.
Ranging from the smallest PICO to ATX are built with IO connectors direct to the PCB.
COM Express, SMARC and Q7 sized System on Modules (SOMs) are designed to plug into a carrier board via a high density connector and the IO are then provided from the carrier board. PICMG are suitable for backplane based designs in rack systems.
Tekdis offers a wide selection of all form factors of Embedded Single Board Computers and can build complete solutions to suit customer requirements. We have the experience and know how to select the correct storage, communication modules (LTE, WLAN) and can license/image with operating systems prior to shipping.
79 Results Shown
MANO540 - Mini-ITX SBC 10th Gen Core™ i9/i7/i5/i3
10th Gen Core™ i9/i7/i5/i3 DisplayPort++, HDMI, VGA, eDP, USB 3.2, M.2 and Dual GbE LAN
KIWI310 - 1.8" SBC Celeron® N3350
1.8" SBC with Intel® Celeron® Processor N3350, Micro HDMI, 1 GbE LAN, 2 USB3.0 and 40-pin GPIO
PICO317 - Pico-ITX SBC Atom® x5-E3940
Pico-ITX SBC with Intel® Atom® x5-E3940 Processor, HDMI, LVDS, GbE LAN and Audio
MANO522 - LGA1151 8th Gen Intel® Core™ i7/i5/i3 Processor
Mini-ITX SBC with LGA1151 8th Gen Intel® Core™ i7/i5/i3 Processor, HDMI, VGA, LVDS, USB 3.2 Gen 1, mSATA, M.2 and Dual GbE LAN
CEB94701 - Development Baseboard
COM Express Type 7 Development Baseboard
CEM700 - Xeon & Pentium D-1500
COM Express Type 7 Basic Module with Intel® Xeon® D-1500 & Pentium® Processor D1500
CEB94018 - Mini application board
COM Express Type 10 Mini Application Board with LVDS, VGA, Dual LAN and Audio
CEM311 - Pentium N4200/Celeron N3350
COM Express Type 10 Mini Module with Intel® Pentium® Processor N4200 & Celeron® Processor N3350
CEM310 - Intel Atom x5 and x7
COM Express Type 10 Mini Module with Intel® Atom® x5 and x7 Processor
CEB94017 - Development Baseboard
COM Express Type 10 Development Baseboard
CEB94022 - Application board with MXM slot
COM Express Type 6 Application Board with MXM Slot
CEM521 - 8th gen i core/celeron
COM Express Type 6 Compact Module with 8th Gen Intel® Core™ & Celeron® Processor
CEM520 - Xeon/8th gen i core
COM Express Type 6 Basic Module with Intel® Xeon® & 8th Gen Intel® Core™ Processors and Intel® CM246/QM370/HM370
CEM130 - AMD Ryzen V1000
COM Express Type 6 Compact Module with AMD Ryzen™ Embedded V1000 Processor
CEB94000 - Baseboard
COM Express™ Type 2 Development Baseboard
CEM841 - Celeron J1900
COM Express Type 2 Basic Module with Intel® Celeron® Processor J1900/N2807
SCM120 - SMARC 1.0 iMX6
SMARC v1.0 SoM with iMX6 Quad/DualLite 800 MHz (Industrial) SoC, 1GB RAM, 4GB eMMC, GbE LAN, Audio, CAN, MIPI and PCAM
SCM120-120-EVK - SMARC 1.0 Cortex-A9
SMARC v1.0 SoM Evaluation Kit with Quad/DualLite 800 MHz (Industrial) SoC,1GB Memory, 4GB eMMC, Gigabit Ethernet, Audio, CAN, MIPI and PCAM
SCM180-180-EVK - SMARC 2.0 i.MX8M
SMARC v2.0 SoM Evaluation Kit with i.MX8M Quad/Dual 1.5 GHz/1.3 GHz (Industrial) SoC, 4GB Memory, 64GB eMMC, CAN, MIPI CSI/DSI, and HDMI 2.0
MANO842 - Celeron J1900 CPU
Mini-ITX with Intel® Celeron® Processor J1900 (up to 2.42 GHz), VGA/HDMI/LVDS, USB 3.0, Mini PCIe Card and HD Audio
MANO500 - 7th gen LGA1151 CPU
Mini-ITX SBC with LGA1151 Socket 6th/7th Gen Intel® Core™ Processor, Intel® H110/Q170, HDMI/DisplayPort/VGA/LVDS/eDP, Dual LANs and USB 3.0
MANO300 - Celeron N3160 CPU
Mini-ITX SBC with Intel® Celeron® Processor N3160 (up to 2.24 GHz) SoC, VGA/HDMI/LVDS, USB 3.0, Mini PCIe Card, mSATA and HD Audio
MANO311 - Celeron N3350 CPU
Thin Mini-ITX SBC with Intel® Celeron® Processor N3350, Dual HDMI, LVDS, USB 3.0, PCI Express Mini Card, mSATA and HD Audio
MANO315 - Celeron J3355 CPU
Mini-ITX SBC with Intel® Celeron® Processor J3355, VGA, HDMI, USB 3.0, PCI Express Mini Card Slot, mSATA and HD Audio
Application Areas for Single Board Computers
Single board computers (SBCs) are a self-contained computer with connectors that are regularly used for applications including gaming, industrial automation, kiosks, digital signage and medical systems. Single Board Computers are embedded in a customer specific housing and the IO is then connected to other peripherals or external to the system. Some SBCs including COM Express modules are designed to plug into a custom baseboard which with then provide other interfaces and connectors. Single Board Computers continue to be developed with the latest CPU options and different form factors.
Types of Embedded Single Board Computers
The world’s smallest x86 embedded board, the Pico-ITX SBC provides system developers and OEMs with an ultra compact yet highly integrated platform that delivers amazing computing performance at low power consumption. With its size of 100mm x 72mm, the Pico ITX SBC is an ideal option for kiosks, industrial automation systems as well as portable devices. Other features include fanless operation, low power consumption and versatile I/O.
Some of our PICO Boards include:
- HYPER-KBN – PICO-ITX SBC with AMD G-Series GX-415GA or GX-210HA SoC processor
- PICO318 – Pico-ITX SBC with Intel® Pentium® Processor N4200/Celeron® Processor N3350 and J3455, DisplayPort, LVDS, 2 GbE LAN and Audio
- PICO880 – Pico-ITX SBC with 4th/5th Gen Intel® Core™ i7/i5/i3 & Celeron® Processor, DisplayPort/LVDS, LAN and Audio
PC104 is an embedded computer standard that is defined by its rugged, compact, stackable and modular structure.
Our range of PC104 includes:
- PM-LX – PCI-104 Module with on-board AMD Geode™LX 800 CPU.
- PM-LX2 – AMD Geode™LX 800 CPU on-board PC/104 Module
Tekdis offers a wide selection of 3.5” Wafer Single Board Computers that are created for low power consumption and the reliability required for various applications in rugged environments.
Some of the 3.5” embedded boards we offer include:
- CAPA13R – 3.5” Embedded SBC with AMD® RYZEN™Embedded V1807B/V1605B APU, and supports quad-view
- CAPA312 – 3.5” Embedded SBC with Intel® Pentium® Processor N4200 & Celeron® Processor N3350, HDMI/LVDS, Dual LANs and Audio
- CAPA500 – 3.5" Embedded SBC with LGA1151 Socket for 7th/6th Gen Intel® Core™ i7/i5/i3 Processor, LVDS, VGA, HDMI, 2 GbE LANs and Audio
- WAFER-BT-E38001W2 – 3.5” SBC with Intel® 22nm Atom™ SoC, dual independent display support
- WAFER-ULT4 – 3.5” SBC supports Intel® 6th Generation ULT Processor with DDR4 SO-DIMM/On-board Memory Support
The EPIC board is a small industrial-grade embedded SBC with optional I/O expansion via PC/104, PC/104-Plus, USB, Ethernet, etc, supporting advanced processors plus complex I/O functions for various applications. The size of EPIC embedded SBC is midway between the industry standard PC/104 module and EBX board. The EPIC embedded SBC supports advanced processors plus complex I/O functions for applications involving data acquisition, video processing, telecommunications, networking, motion control, and more.
Tekdis offers a good selection of EPIC boards, including:
- NANO-KBN-i1 – EPIC SBC supports AMD® Embedded G-Series SoC
- NANO-ULT3 – EPIC SBC supports Intel® 14nm 6th Generation Mobile Core™ i7/i5/i3 and Celeron® on-board Processor (ULT)
Measuring just 170 x 170 mm, mini ITX motherboards provide great flexibility for applications in which compact size, rich functionality and power efficiency are required. These are ideal for kiosks, POS, gaming systems, digital signage, factory automation, and more.
Our wide range of Mini ITX Single Board Computers include:
- KINO-DBT – Mini-ITX SBC supports 22nm Intel® Atom™ or Celeron® on-board SoC
- MANO315 – Mini-ITX SBC with Intel® Celeron® Processor J3355, VGA, HDMI, USB 3.0, PCI Express Mini Card Slot, mSATA and HD Audio
- MANO520 – Mini-ITX SBC with LGA1151 9th/8th Gen Intel® Core™ i7/i5/i3 Processor, Dual DisplayPort++, HDMI, LVDS, USB 3.0, mSATA, M.2 and Dual GbE LAN
- MANO523 – Mini-ITX SBC with LGA1151 9th/8th gen Intel® Core™ processor, Intel® Q370, VGA, DisplayPort++, eDP, 2 GbE LAN and HD Audio
- MANO842 – Mini-ITX with Intel® Celeron® Processor J1900 (up to 2.42 GHz), VGA/HDMI/LVDS, USB 3.0, Mini PCIe Card and HD Audio
Micro ATX motherboards
Micro ATX motherboards support a wide range of computing capacities, rich I/Os and expansion slots. At 244 x 244 mm, Micro ATX motherboards are suited for space and cost sensitive applications yet maximising computing power, storage and expansion.
Some of our Micro ATX motherboards:
- IMB-H810-i2 – microATX motherboard supports 22nm LGA1150 Intel® Core™ i7/i5/i3, Pentium®, Celeron® CPU per Intel® H81
- IMBA-Q170-i2 – ATX motherboard supports 14nm LGA1151 Intel CPU Intel Q170
PICMG 1.3 lets users protect their investment in PCI (PCI-X) technology, while enjoying the speed and increased bandwidth of PCI Express. These PICMG motherboards are designed to interface with PCI Express peripherals on a backplane.
Our range includes:
- PCIE-H810 – Full-size PICMG 1.3 CPU card supports LGA 1150 Intel® Core™ i7/i5/i3, Pentium® and Celeron® with Intel® H81
- PEAK 887VL2 – PICMG 1.3 Full-size SBC with Intel® Q87 Support 4th Generation Intel® Core™ i7/i5/i3 Processors
- SPCIE-C2260-i2 – Full-size PICMG 1.3 CPU Card supports LGA 1150 Intel® Xeon® E3, Core™ i3, Pentium® and Celeron® with Intel® C226, DDR3
COM Express modules
The COM Express Type 6 modules are designed with all components necessary and offer the most updated bus interfaces. With features of great computing performance and rich I/O capabilities, the COM Express modules satisfy a wide range of vertical embedded applications and reduce customers’ time-to-market and ownership cost. Tekdis offers a wide selection of COM Express modules and can help develop carrier board solutions to suit customer requirements.
- CEB94017 – COM Express Type 10 Development Baseboard
- CEB94018 – COM Express Type 10 Mini Application Board with LVDS, VGA, Dual LAN and Audio
- CEB94022 – COM Express Type 6 Application Board with MXM Slot
- CEM700 – COM Express Type 7 Basic Module with Intel® Xeon® D-1500 & Pentium® Processor D1500
- ICES 620X – COM Express Type 6, COMPACT Size Module with Intel® Atom™ E3800 Family Processor DDR3L/GbE/2SATA/4 X PCIe and DP/USB3.0
SMARC (Smart Mobility Architecture) modules
SMARC (Smart Mobility Architecture) modules are ultra-small system-on-modules targeted towards applications that require compactness and energy-efficiency. The SMARC system-on-modules also support evaluation carrier boards for easy integration and hardware design reference.
Our range of SMARC modules include:
- SCM120 – SMARC v1.0 SoM with iMX6 Quad/DualLite 800 MHz (Industrial) SoC, 1GB RAM, 4GB eMMC, GbE LAN, Audio, CAN, MIPI and PCAM
- SCM120-120-EVK – SMARC v1.0 SoM Evaluation Kit with Quad/DualLite 800 MHz (Industrial) SoC,1GB Memory, 4GB eMMC, Gigabit Ethernet, Audio, CAN, MIPI and PCAM
- SCM180-180-EVK – SMARC v2.0 SoM Evaluation Kit with i.MX8M Quad/Dual 1.5 GHz/1.3 GHz (Industrial) SoC, 4GB Memory, 64GB eMMC, CAN, MIPI CSI/DSI, and HDMI 2.0
Qseven module is a very small sized Computer-on-Module, suitable for low power and mobile applications. The Qseven footprint is smaller than that of COM Express and ETX, with the maximum power consumption less than 12 watt.
Tekdis offers a wide selection of Embedded Boards, and can build custom solutions to suit your requirements. We have the experience, knowledge and ability in selecting the correct storage and communication modules (LTE, WLAN), and can license/image with operating systems prior to shipping.
Types of CPUs
ARM Processors have a RISC architecture that typically require fewer transistors than those with a complex instruction set computing architecture such as the x86 processors found in most personal computers. The reduced transistors means lower cost, lower power consumption and heat dissipation. These features make it attractive for light, portable, battery-powered devices—including smartphones, laptops and tablet computers, and other embedded systems. Tekdis has a variety of ARM based modules and single board computers supporting Linux and Android OS to suit various applications.
AMD and Nvidia offer alternative CPU and GPU solutions to the Intel range of x86 CPUs and chipsets. AMD has high performance GPU solutions for demanding graphics applications including digital signage and gaming. Nvidia are a leading supplier of embedded AI processors ranging from the NANO, TX2 and Xavier modules. GPU options in MXM and PCIe card format offer the highest level of AI processing ranging from 1050, 1080, RTX2080, Tesla and Quadro models. Nvidia GPUs are popular for Robotics, Advanced Driver Advisory System (ADAS), License Plate Recognition (LPR) and Intelligent Machines.
Intel Atom is a type of Intel’s processor. It belongs to the family of x86 and x86-64 processors. Atom processors are mostly intended for use in compact and small devices such as smartphones, tablets, and mobile Internet devices. Celeron and Pentium processors enable the next level of performance yet still offering economical hardware and Windows IOT licensing. Celeron and Pentium processors offer a significant level of graphics performance making them well suited to single screen digital signage and other GUI based applications.
Core i3 processors have two cores, Core i5 CPUs have four-six cores and Core i7 models can have up to 8 cores. The higher the CPU number the higher the clock speed and hence performance. There are other differences in amount of cache and type of interfaces from the associated chipsets. I3 CPUs are targeted and economical applications, i5 are mid-tier and i7 are highest spec. Applications requiring extensive processing, decoding and graphics performance will require an i5 or i7 CPU. I3 and i5 require Windows IOT Value license while i7 CPU requires a High End License. Applications range from mobile computing, digital signage, industrial automation and security.
Xeon is an Intel brand of x86 microprocessors targeted at the non-consumer workstation, server, and embedded applications. Xeon processors continue to provide the pinnacle of x86 processing with the highest number of cores and clock speeds. Xeon processors support error checking and correcting memory so are more stable and less prone to data corruption due to memory errors.
Brands used for Single Board Computers
Tekdis offers a range of embedded computing boards from respected Taiwanese manufacturers Axiomtek and IEI Technology. Since 1990, Axiomtek is a leading design and manufacturing company in the industrial computer and embedded field. Their product lines include embedded board, system on module, single board computer, embedded system, industrial barebone, network appliance, touch panel computer, human machine interface, medical PC, industrial network, and digital signage. IEI Technology’s products are applied in computer-based applications such as factory automation, computer telephony integration, networking appliances, security, systems, and in fields like AI, IoT (Internet of Things), national defence, emergency services, transportation, communication base stations and medical instruments.
Features of Embedded Single Board Computers (SBCS)
Android is a popular operating system for mobile phones and tablets. Android also features in the panel PC and embedded computing market as a secure and reliable operating system. Tekdis offers a range of embedded boards, embedded computers and panel PCs based on ARM based CPUs running Android OS.
Fanless PCs are critical for installations with any level or dust or dirt. By removing the fan the cooling of the PC is dissipated by conduction through the case or air flowing over the unit. Fanless PCs allow silent operation and less moving parts meaning higher reliability. Fanless PCs are popular for digital signage, industrial automation, mobile computing and medical applications. Tekdis continues to expand our fanless range with new models with the latest CPUs, interfaces and level integration.
To find out more about the solutions we offer, please contact our team directly.