Mobile NVR solution for high risk trucks
Tekdis was approached by a customer looking to redevelop their mobile NVR solution for high risk trucks. They were looking to upgrade to the latest IP camera technology and reduce the number of systems in the vehicle while providing remote monitoring back to base. Each truck would require 20 x IP camera and a console in the cabin for monitoring of the live camera feeds.
Tekdis worked with the customer to provide as many components as a kit as a single channel of supply/support. The solution required onboard long term video storage and reliable communication both within the vehicle and over the LTE network back to monitoring station.
The core of the mobile NVR was:
1 x MVS5603-C8SU In-Vehicle PC i7-6600U, 8 x POE
- 8GB RAM
- 256GB CFast for Win 10 IOT OS
- 2 x 4TB SSD for video storage
- 1 x DM-F12A/PC 12.1” PCAP display (Industrial Monitor)
- RAM mounts and cables for display
- 2 x VES30-8S In-Vehicle 8 port POE switches
- 1 x MP70+Wifi LTE Gateway with 4 ports GbE, Built in Wifi and GPS
- IN2003 Antenna MIMO 4G/2.4/5.8+GPS (triple Wifi) 5m cables
Tekdis configured each unit as part of our “Build To Order” service including the configuration and installation of the Win 10 IOT OS. Units were delivered direct to the truck body builder for installation.
- Improved quality and reliability of the video content.
- Improved onboard/remote monitoring of both video and vehicle
- Reduced component count in vehicles required less time to install and higher reliability
- Tekdis as a single vendor provided the main components and added value to the customer with the configuration of the NVR.
Customer is now looking to deploy into new vehicle and refresh fleets across Australia.